Since its creation, B2Boost has attached great importance to privacy and it is one of the fundamental values on which its policy is based. In an increasingly digital world, B2Boost needs to collect and process personal data in order to provide the products and services it offers.
Being at the core of B2B-integrations, and experts in automated data exchange processes, we understand that the data we handle has significant value and could be sensitive.
We strive to handle your data with most possible care and privacy, therefore we handle your personal data according to the following protection principles.
2. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
The Controller is B2Boost SA, with registered offices at Boulevard du Souverain, 24, 1170 Brussels BE 0472 524 216. Hereinafter also referred to as "we" or "us".
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES B2BOOST COLLECT, FOR WHAT PURPOSES AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS?
Personal dataB2Boost collects and processes the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data such as name, first name, Function, Position and Language
- Contact details such as e-mail address and telephone number
- Transaction data such as information on products or services purchased, VAT number and company number
- CVs and other information communicated in the context of a job application via the careers website (https://www.b2boost.eu/jobs.cfm) or via e-mail.
- Information resulting from your interaction with B2Boost such as feedback to satisfaction surveys and content of emails.
Your data is treated as received in the context of the required services and is not subject to uninformed additional processing.
Purposes and legal grounds
The purposes and legal grounds for processing personal data are set out in the table below.
If B2Boost wishes to process your personal data for another purpose, it will ask for your permission where necessary.
4. DOES B2BOOST USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR PROFILING OR AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING?
B2Boost does not systematically carry out automated decision making within the meaning of Article 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation, namely automated decision making with a legal or significant consequence for you. This would be the case, for example, when a decision on whether or not to subscribe to a particular service is taken by a computer program without the involvement of a B2Boost employee.
5. WITH WHOM DOES B2BOOST SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In relation to the purposes referred to under point 3, B2Boost may use service providers that process personal data in the name and on behalf of B2Boost when it is necessary in the context of providing B2Boost services and optimizing them (including but not limited to maintenance works, payment processing, the delivery of services to B2Boost (e.g. subcontracting) and database management). These service providers are third parties. In such cases, these service providers act as processors. In particular, B2Boost may use companies providing the following services: hosting and ICT services (e.g. AWS), payment providers (e.g. POM), cloud partners (e.g. Google)
B2Boost may also transfer your personal data to consultants and professional service providers acting as data controllers, such as lawyers, accountants and auditors. Your personal data may also be transferred to third parties in the context of a corporate transaction such as a demerger, merger or acquisition.
B2Boost may also communicate your personal data to third parties if required to do so by law or following a request or order from the authorities.
Where legally required, B2Boost will seek your consent before disclosing your personal data to third parties.
6. ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
Certain service providers or third parties to whom your personal data are transferred may be located in a country outside the European Economic Area where the data protection rules differ from those applicable in Belgium and elsewhere in the European Economic Area. In such a case, B2Boost takes the necessary measures to ensure an appropriate level of protection for your personal data and provides at least one of the following guarantees:
- The personal data are transferred to a country that is deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data. This is the case for countries for which the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision, such as the United Kingdom.
- For transfers to countries that are deemed not to provide an adequate level of protection (so-called "third countries"), B2Boost provides additional safeguards, such as the conclusion of standard contractual clauses of the European Commission, which ensure that personal data is given protection equivalent to that provided in the European Economic Area.
7. HOW LONG DOES B2BOOST KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In principle, B2Boost retains your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes described (taking account of the applicable legal retention and/or limitation periods).
Personal data linked to contractual documents (e.g. a subscription to a B2Boost service) are kept for a maximum period of 10 years after the termination of your contract with B2Boost.
8. WHAT DATA SECURITY MEASURES DOES B2BOOST TAKE?
B2Boost takes reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorized access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data. This includes measures to limit access to the personal data as much as possible and to grant access only when necessary. Your data can only be accessed by employees who need this data to support, improve or maintain services you receive from us. Employees who have access to the data have been informed of their obligations with regard to data security. All credentials are encrypted and never stored in clear text on the file system.
B2Boost shall store all personal data which it has collected in the cloud. Notwithstanding B2Boost's security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, B2Boost is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Finally, the security of your (demo) account will also partly depend on the confidentiality of your password in obtaining access to the Platform and/or the App. B2Boost will never ask for your password, meaning that you will never be required to communicate it personally. If you have nonetheless communicated your password to a third party - for example because this third party has indicated that it wishes to offer additional services - this third party shall have access to your (demo) account and your personal data via your password. In such cases, you are liable for the transactions which occur as a result of the use made of your (demo) account. B2Boost therefore strongly advises you, if you observe that someone has accessed your (demo) account, to immediately change your password and contact us.
9. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Right of access - You have the right to access the personal data that B2Boost processes about you and to obtain a copy of these personal data (subject to certain exceptions).
- Right to rectification and erasure - You have the right at any time to have your personal data rectified or erased by B2Boost free of charge, provided that the legal conditions for doing so are met. Personal data that B2Boost needs in order to fulfill ongoing orders or for which B2Boost is legally obliged to hold cannot be deleted.
- Restriction of processing - You can require B2Boost, subject to compliance with the applicable legal provisions, to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right to data portability - Under certain conditions, you have the right to portability of the personal data you have provided.
- Objection - You may object to the processing of your personal data for the legitimate interests of B2Boost.
- Withdrawal of consent - If B2Boost processes your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. However, this withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data for the period prior to the time of withdrawal and for processing activities based on another legal basis.
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask B2Boost to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, so that B2Boost no longer processes that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Complaint to the competent authority - You always have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority of the Member State of the European Economic Area where you normally reside, where you have your place of work (if applicable) or where the alleged breach has taken place, and to lodge a complaint if appropriate. For Belgium, this is the Data Protection Authority (www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be).
We put in all efforts to periodically update your data, however if you feel this is outdated you also have the right to update this yourself through our customer support portal.
If you wish to exercise your rights with regard to B2Boost, you can do so by contacting B2Boost using the contact details provided under the title 10. HOW CAN I CONTACT B2BOOST?
When we obtain personal data directly from you, you are generally free to decide whether or not to provide B2Boost with the personal data, except in the event of a legal obligation. If you do not wish to provide your personal data, you may not be able to use the products or services offered by B2Boost, your questions may not be answered and/or you may not be able to conclude an agreement with B2Boost.
10. HOW CAN I CONTACT B2BOOST?
For questions, complaints or the exercise of your rights, please contact B2Boost and its data protection officer:
- Online via e-mailto email@example.com
- By post to the following address: B2Boost, Attn. Data Protection Office, 24, Boulevard du Souverain, 1170 Brussels.
B2Boost may refuse requests that it considers excessive or constitute an abuse of the relevant right.
For a more complete overview on the General Data Protection Regulation enforced on EU citizen's data please follow this link here.